Who doesn’t like some geography quiz questions?
Here you can find 50 geography questions, divided into 5 different rounds of 10 questions each.
Geography Quiz Questions Round I
1. What is the only country with a coastline on both the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf?
2. Which river flows through Paris?
3. Where in the British isles is Lady Isabella, the world’s largest working water wheel?
4. What is the capital city of Slovenia, formerly part of the state of Yugoslavia?
5. Which European country shares its border with the most neighbours (nine)?
6. Which Asian country is bigger than France, Spain and Germany combined but has a population of little over two million?
7. What is Europe’s largest port?
8. Hamilton is the capital of which island in the North Atlantic Ocean?
9. In which country is the UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis?
10. Mount Vesuvius overlooks which modern Italian city?
Geography Questions Round I Answers
1. Saudi Arabia
2. River Seine
3. Isle of Man
7. Port of Rotterdam
Geography Quiz Questions Round II
1. Of which country is Sofia the capital?
2. Which republic lies partly in Europe and partly in Asia?
3. Which stretch of water separates the Isle of Wights from mainland Britain?
4. Which country is nicknamed ‘The Cockpit of Europe’ because of the number of battles throughout history fought on its soil?
5. What is the capital of Libya?
6. Which European capital city is divided by canals into about 90 islands joined by about 400 bridges?
7. In which US state is the Harvard University?
8. In which ocean are the beautiful islands of Seychelles?
9. What is the highest active volcano in Europe?
10. Brisbane is the capital of which Australian state?
Geography Questions Round II Answers
3. North Channel
8. Indian Ocean
9. Mount Etna
Geography Quiz Questions Round III
1. Which European country is divided into 26 cantons, six of which are designated ‘semi-cantons’ but function as full cantons?
2. A sabra is a native of which country?
3. Which South American country has land borders with ten other countries?
4. Which country has Montevideo as its capital city?
5. Name the only country through which both the Equator and the Tropic of Capricorn pass.
6. Riga is the capital city of which European country?
7. Apart from Dutch and French, what is the other official language of Belgium?
8. In which European country is the cathedral town of Teruel?
9. Which, by area, is the largest country in South America?
10. What’s the world’s biggest port?
Geography Questions Round III Answers
10. Port of Shanghai
Geography Quiz Questions Round IV
1. The Maritime Alps run along the border between which two countries?
2. Which river forms part of the boundary between Mexico and the United States?
3. New Caledonia is a dependent state of which country?
4. Port Moresby is the capital of which country?
5. Which mountain range in Africa has the same name as a town in South Wales?
6. At 2,277 feet, Mount Botrange is the highest point of which European country?
7. Which river flows through Glasgow?
8. What is the world’s second highest mountain after Everest, being situated in Asia?
9. Which sea in Northern Europe is bounded by several countries including Sweden, Finland, Poland and Germany?
10.A road tunnel runs from Pelerins in France to Entreves in Italy under which mountain?
Geography Questions Round IV Answers
1. France and Italy
2. Rio Grande
4. Papua New Guinea
9. The Baltic Sea
Geography Quiz Questions Round V
1. Which present day state capital was the fist capital of the Confederate states during the American Civil War?
2. In area, Alaska, Texas and California are the three largest US states. Which is the fourth?
3. Kathmandu is the capital city of which country?
4. Which city is also known as ‘The Eternal City’?
5. Saxony was a former state of which country?
6. What is the longest river solely in England?
7. New Haven, New Britain and New London are all cities in which US state?
8. The Great Barrier Reef is off the coast of which Australian state?
9. What is the longest river flowing in India?
10. Baile Atha Cliath is the Gaelic name for which city?
Geography Questions Round V Answers