Cricket is a popular sport in the UK, and it’s easy to see why. The game can be played on any flat surface that has enough room for two teams of 11 players each. Cricket is not just an exciting spectator event but also a great team-building exercise as everyone needs to work together quickly and efficiently. Take these cricket quiz questions and find out how much you know about this fascinating sport. Answers are provided, but try to guess first if you can. It’ll start with some relatively easy cricket questions which will gradually increase in difficulty.
45 Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When did England last win the Ashes before 2005 – was it 1967, 1977 or 1987?
2. The Oval is the home of which county?
3. What bird is linked to a score of nought?
4. Which 1990s English Test pace bowler has the same first name as an English county?
5. Which county has been captained by Mike Atherton?
6. Which Donald became the first Australian to score 300 test runs in a day?
7. At most, how many wickets can fall in a two-innings game?
8. Which former England all-rounder earned the nickname “Beefy”?
9. Which term describes a ball bowled out of the striker’s reach?
10. Which specialist position does Adam Gilchrist take when fielding?
11. How many stumps are there on a set of wickets?
12. Which Aussie player is known – among other things – as Shanie?
13. What term describes fielders positioned closely behind the batsmen?
14. Grace Road is the ground of which country?
15. What must an umpire raise to show that a player is out?
16. Where was the first Test played in the 2006-7 Ashes?
17. Who was Geraint Jones’s main rival as keeper in the 2006-7 Ashes?
18. Which former test cricketer became President of the MCC in 1998?
19. Which newsreader has written biographies of Viv Richards and Clive Lloyd?
20. What is Ian Botham’s middle name?
21. Which Indian was the second bowler to reach 400 Test wickets?
22. Which English county did Viv Richards play for?
23. Which cricketer was the first British sportsman to appear in a major advertising campaign?
24. Which umpire did Gatting publicly argue with in Faisalabad?
25. Which Australian was the first man to take 300 wickets in Test cricket?
26. Who played in the most tests as England captain?
27. Which is the most southerly of the fix regular English test grounds?
28. Which cricketer’s initials are GAG?
29. In Aussie opening partnerships, who are Justin and Matthew?
30. At which ground did England beat South Africa to clinch the 1998 series?
31. In which city was Yorkshire’s Michael Vaughan born?
32. Which was the first English county that Anil Kumble played for?
33. Who was the last England captain to play South Africa before the ban?
34. Who won the county championships in every season from 1951 to 1958?
35. Where in the West Indies did Brian Lara score his record-breaking 375?
36. Who was the first player to make over 1,000 catches in first-class cricket?
37. What did ICC stand for before 1965?
38. Who were the first winners of the Women’s World Cup in 1973?
39. What is Bob Willis’s middle name?
40. Which England batsmen each scored double centuries against India in 1985 in the same innings?
41. Who was the first batsman to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket?
42. In which country are the first-class sides United Bank and National Bank?
43. Who were the first three members of the ICC?
44. What was the Nat West Trophy previously called?
45. Which New Zealander hit a double century in 153 balls vs England in 2002?
Cricket has a long and distinguished history, and it’s also one of the few sports that women can play on equal terms with men. We hope you enjoyed taking these cricket pub quiz questions as much as we enjoyed writing them. See you around!