These general knowledge quiz questions and answers contain 160 random trivia questions. You can find the correct answers at the end of each round. Good luck and have fun!
General Knowledge Quiz Round 1 – Questions
- What is the highest number used in a Sudoku puzzle?
- What is the term for a positive electrode?
- Which swimming stroke is named after an insect?
- Which English queen has the same name as a type of plum?
- How many dots are used in each letter in the Braille system?
- Which movie won the Oscar for best actor, director and cinematography in 2016?
- What is a female deer called?
- What unit is used to measure horses?
- Who is Reg Dwight better known as?
- Who provided Nick Wilde’s voice in the 2016 movie of “Zootopia”?
- How many tenpin bowling skittles need knocking down for a strike?
- How is 77 represented in Roman numerals?
- Who is the patron saint of music?
- What are birds of a feather said to do?
- “Kiss Me Kate” is a musical version of which play by Shakespeare?
- The single “Papa Don’t Preach” came from which Madonna album?
- Betz cells are found in which part of the body?
- What is the only bird that can hover in the air and also ﬂy backwards?
- Who earned the nickname “Slow-hand”?
- Which country does opera singer Pavarotti come from?
Round 1 – Answers
- “The Revenant”
- Elton John
- Jason Bateman
- Flock together
- The Taming of. the Shrew
- True Blue
- The brain
- Eric Clapton
General Knowledge Quiz Questions Round 2 – Questions
- Which is the third largest of the Channel Islands?
- Who was Liverpool’s skipper in the 2005 European Champions League triumph?
- In which Puccini opera does Mimi appear?
- How many sides has an octagon?
- Which type of calendar is used today in the western world?
- What instrument can be bass, electric or Spanish?
- Think about this — which club did Harry Redknapp manage first – Portsmouth or Southampton?
- Which female-named hurricane devastated New Orleans in September 2005?
- What do the numbers add up to on the opposite sides of a dice?
- Which city is said to have been founded by Romulus and Remus?
- In the zodiac, which animal is linked with Capricorn?
- How many years are involved in a silver anniversary?
- Which country originated the term “plonk” for Wine?
- What is the singer Adele’s surname?
- What was the ﬁnal battle that Napoleon fought in?
- On which day are British elections held?
- What was the name of the land where Gulliver met the Little People?
- Which animal’s name comes first in the dictionary?
- How many sides has a 20-pence piece?
- Which children’s author wrote “Gangsta Granny”?
Round 2 – Answers
- La Boheme
- 25 years
- David Williams
Round 3 – Questions
- In Spain what is the word for an afternoon nap?
- Who wrote “The Pit and the Pendulum”?
- How long is there between rounds in boxing?
- Which public school did Sir Winston Churchill go to?
- What is the thirteenth letter of the English alphabet?
- Which is the largest land carnivore in Britain?
- Who made the album “Confessions on a Dance Floor”?
- Which UK driver won the F1 World Champion in 2008, 2014 and 2015?
- Which country does Bryan Adams come from?
- Who was known as the lady with the lamp?
- What is the plural of the word sheep?
- Where in a horse is the coffin joint?
- Which substance is most used for pencil lead?
- To ten years either way, in which year did Charles Dickens die?
- What name can be a lettuce or a mass of floating frozen water?
- Which vegetable did Sir Walter Raleigh bring to England?
- In the strip cartoon, what is the name of Snoopy’s brother?
- Soyuz was the name of a Russian spacecraft, but what does the name mean?
- Which lady became George W. Bush’s Secretary of State in his second term of office?
- In Shakespeare’s “Othello”, who is the female lead?
Round 3 – Answers
- Edgar Allan Poe
- One minute
- Lewis Hamilton
- Florence Nightingale
- in 1870
- Condoleezza Rice
General Knowledge Questions – Round 4
- Venetian blinds originated in which country?
- A poult is the young of which creature?
- Which group recorded the original of “Light My Fire”?
- In an English trial, how many people sit on the jury?
- Marcel Desailly was a World Cup winner playing for which country?
- Which great soprano earned the name of “La Divina”?
- What measure of paper is 8 by 10 inches?
- On a standard European roulette wheel which number appears on the green?
- What number is,,dos” in Spanish?
- In.which game do you draw part of a gallows for every wrong answer?
- Brights’ disease affects which organs of the body?
- What name is given to a garden with geometrically arranged beds and small hedges?
- Who sang with the Dakotas?
- In Which century was 1658?
- Which Actress said, ”I want to be alone”?
- How many kings of England have been called Philip?
- How many stomachs have a cow?
- With which swimming stroke do races begin in the water?
- How is the Roman city of Verulamium known today?
- Which city in the world has the largest population?
Round 4 – Answers
- The Doors
- Maria Callas
- Knot garden
- Billy J. Kramer
- Greta Garbo
- St. Albans
Round 5 – Questions
- Whose ship was the first to sail around the world?
- In music hall, who was the “Prime Minister of Mirth”?
- “Freedom” was the first UK top ten hit for which Robbie?
- What is the full name of BBC Radio 5?
- What was invented by Lewis Waterman in the 1880’s?
- Which illustrator was famous for detailed drawings of weird and wonderful mechanical inventions?
- Which US President was nicknamed “The Comeback Kid”?
- Following the 1963 Peerage Act, who was the first peer to disclaim his title?
- Who is the lead female actress in “Orange is the New Black”?
- Which instrument usually has 47 strings?
- What is the name of Dennis the Menace’s dog?
- For over 30 years, which tobacco company gave its name to a football yearbook?
- Who wrote, “Help Me Make It Through the Night”?
- Moving anti-clockwise on a dartboard what is the number next to 4?
- Who created the detective, Paul Temple?
- Who pricked her finger on a spinning wheel and slept for 100 years?
- Who became Earl of Stockton on his 90th birthday?
- Which traffic light follows green?
- What year did Mark Zuckerberg invent Facebook?
- Which is the first month of the year to have exactly 30 days?
Round 5 – Answers
- Ferdinand Magellan
- George Robey
- Robbie Williams
- Radio Five Live
- Fountain Pen
- Heath Robinson
- Bill Clinton
- Tony Benn
- Taylor Schilling
- Kris Kristofferson
- Francis Durbridge
- Sleeping Beauty
- Harold Macmillan
- In 2004
Round 6 – Questions
- What does an arctophile collect?
- Which of Verdi’s operas is set in Ancient Egypt?
- What gives red blood cells their colour?
- What augmented reality app caused a stir of global excitement in summer 2016?
- On TV, what kind of creature was Flipper?
- Which animals took Hannibal over the Alps?
- How is the Araucaria tree more commonly known?
- In which team game do you try to move backwards all the time?
- Which country won the 2015 Rugby World Cup?
- Who was the first British monarch to visit New Zealand?
- Who recorded the albums “John Wesley Harding” and “Nashville Skyline”?
- Who does the Beast fall in love with?
- What is the main ingredient in a brick?
- What hangs down from the roof of the cave?
- What is the body of a penguin covered with?
- How does Saturday’s child work for a living?
- Who presented the 2015 series of “Big Brother” in the UK?
- Which musical direction means at ease, at a slow comfortable pace?
- Which king is said to have burnt the cakes?
- What currency is used in China?
Round 6 – Answers
- Teddy bears
- Pokemon Go
- Monkey Puzzle
- Tug of War
- New Zealand
- Elizabeth II
- Bob Dylan
- Emma Willis
Round 7 – Questions
- In which town do the Flintstones live?
- Which animal s regarded as the one with the longest lifespan?
- What is the outer layer of the skin called?
- Who rejoined Take That in 2013?
- What does an invertebrate not have?
- Who was the tallest of Robin Hood’s Men?
- In “Countdown” how many letters are selected for the letters game?
- Which nation suffered a 9.0 earthquake in March 2011?
- What did Constantinople become known as in March 1930?
- In which English town did Charles and Camilla marry?
- In a tennis tie-break, what is the largest winning margin?
What do philatelists collect?
Rudolf Hess was the last prisoner in which jail?
- How many edges in a cube?
At what age does a filly become classified as a mare?
What type of creature is a Pacific sea wasp?
- Which star sign has the bull as its symbol?
- How many are there in a baker’s dozen?
- Where is the South Pole located?
- Which girl shares her name with a Christmas song?
Round 7 – Answers
- The giant tortoise
- A backbone
- Litle John
- 12 edges
- Five years old
Round 8 – Questions
Which member of the Allen family stars in “Game of Thrones”?
How many minutes in five hours?
A car with the international registration letter E comes from where?
Who came first, King Edward VIII or George VI?
Who recorded the million-selling album “Life for Rent”?
Where were Norse gods said to live?
Fe is the symbol of which chemical element?
Which army commander was known as “The Desert Fox”?
In which early radio soap was Mary worried about Jim?
What is the first month of the year to have exactly 31 days?
Under the ﬂoor of which building did, Chrissie bury Dirty Den’s body?
Which musical instrument has dampers, hammers and strings?
Who won the Olympic Gold for the Men’s 5000m at the 2012 London Olympics?
Which fish is smoked and cured and called “finnan”?
The Spanish Riding School is in which country?
- What was the original name of the line on a ship showing the level to which it could be loaded?
- Bouillabaisse is what kind of fish dish?
- In which city in 1916 was the Easter Rising?
Who had a horse called Bucephalus?
What name is given to the Japanese skill of growing miniature trees?
Round 8 – Answers
- Alfie Allen
- Edward VIII
- Mrs Dale’s diary
- Queen Victoria
- Mo Farah
- Plimsoll line
- Alexander the Great